The Website www.hedged.in and the Application Hedged ("Platforms") are owned and operated by Octanom Tech Private Limited ("Company", "we", "us"), a company incorporated under the laws of India, having its registered office at 1st Floor & 2nd Floor, Kagalwala House, Plot No. 1 CST Road, Kalina, BKC, Santacruz East, Mumbai Mumbai City MH 400098 India.
Type of Personal or Sensitive Personal Information Collected
The information collected from you by the Company may
constitute personal information or ‘sensitive personal
data or information’ under the Information Technology
(Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and
Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 ("SPI
Rules"). The SPI Rules define "sensitive personal data
or information" of a person. In the case of our
Platform, it would mean personal information about a
User relating to:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to the Company for providing Services; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by the Company for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
- Further, we collect personal information when you are using our financial planning tools or registering with us for setting up of an user account. This may include, inter alia, your PAN Card number and image, Aadhaar card number and image and relevant proofs of the same. This information is primarily collected for regulatory compliance with applicable laws in order to enable and/or activate your account and to enable you to conduct online transactions.
- This information will be stored with us and shared with select third parties such as our group companies, affiliate companies etc. in order to enable us to complete your registration as a client with us, generate and send reminders, alerts, notifications to you for transactions, upcoming funds transfers etc.
Information Collected via Technology
Purpose of Collection and Usage of Information
The Platforms collect the information which is
voluntarily provided by the User to create and
personalise the User’s account on the Platforms and
enhance the quality of Services. You understand that the
Company may use certain information of yours, which has
been designated as ‘sensitive personal data or
information’ under the SPI Rules:(a) for the purpose of providing you the
Services,(b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or
non-personally identifiable form for research,
statistical analysis and business intelligence
purposes,(c) for sale or transfer of such research,
statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or
non-personally identifiable form to our advertisement,
strategic and marketing partners. The Company also
reserves the right to use information provided by or
about the User for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Platforms;
- Contacting the User for offering new services;
- Contacting the User for taking feedback or for providing support;
- Analysing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility; and
- Analysing anonymized information for commercial use.
- Information other than the personal information or sensitive personal data or information, that does not personally identify the Users as an individual, is collected by the Company from Users (such as, patterns of utilization described above) and is exclusively owned by the Company. Such anonymized information may be used for research and development of new technologies and shared with the third parties for commercial use.
- The Platforms shall, prior to the collection of information including sensitive personal data or information, provide an option to the User to not to provide the data or information sought to be collected. The User shall, at any time while availing the services or otherwise, also have an option to withdraw its consent given earlier to the Platforms. In the case of the User not providing or later on withdrawing his consent, the Company and the Platforms shall have the option not to provide services for which the said information was sought.
- The Platforms collect the information which is voluntarily provided by the User to create and personalise the User’s account on the Platforms and enhance the quality of Services. You understand that the Company may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules:(a) for the purpose of providing you the Services,(b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes,(c) for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to our advertisement, strategic and marketing partners. The Company also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the User for the following purposes:
Third Party Links
- The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of the information, data, text, software, sound, photographs, graphics, videos, messages or other materials available on such websites. The inclusion or exclusion does not imply any endorsement by the Company of the website, the website’s provider, or the information on the website. If you decide to visit a third-party website linked to the Website, you do this entirely at your own risk. The Company encourages the User to read the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
- Our Website and the Application may include social media buttons for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr etc. ("Features"). These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the Company providing them.
Retention of Information
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you the Services, contact us through . firstname.lastname@example.org We will retain your information for as long as your account on the Platforms is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively or improve the Services, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
Disclosure of Information
The Company shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services. The Company will implement reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of the Company’s business. The Company is committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while the Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your information, it cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Casual Visitors Note
Confidentiality and Security
Your personal information is maintained by the Company in electronic form. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. We take necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of the Company’s business. The Company is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your personal information by third parties outside the scope of our agreement with them. Further, the Company shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of internet service or telephone service of the User.
Address for Privacy Questions